How To Exfoliate Your Face and Body with Sexapeel
WHAT IS SEXAPEEL?
Sexapeel is an instant exfoliation spray that can be used to remove dry, dead skin and restore a healthy glow from head to toe.
This easy to use gommage peeling spray is made in Korea and is gentle enough to use on your face even before makeup. Don’t let that gentleness fool you, it is effective enough to work its magic even on crusty pandemic feet!
So what is a gommage? Gommage comes from the French, meaning 'to erase,' and Sexapeel does just that with your dead skin. Gommage exfoliation is a gentle exfoliation that is a combination of manual and chemical exfoliation.
Gommage exfoliation is the effect you see when the product begins to ball up and work to slough away dead skin, and other debris, from the skin’s surface.
Sexapeel Instant Exfoliation Spray uses glycolic and fruit enzymes, which means that it is gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin (always do a patch test) while still being very effective. The mechanical exfoliation of gently rubbing the product to activate it causes dead skin cells to be removed, without the need for harsh beads or any sharp microparticles.
How to Exfoliate Your Face with Sexapeel
- Start with a clean, dry face. Sexapeel instant exfoliation spray works most effectively if you start with a dry face.
- Give Sexapeel exfoliation spray a good shake and spray 4-5 pumps (more as needed) into your hands.
- Start with the center of the face and concentrate on the areas that need the most exfoliation, avoiding eyes and lips. Apply product and rub to begin to see the gommage effect. Work in a back and forth motion until you’ve applied the desired amount of product to the whole face, neck, and chest area. Massage for 10-20 seconds for the best exfoliation.
- Rinse with water or a wet washcloth and pat dry. If any product is stuck in your peach fuzz hair, simply let it dry and it can be brushed off with a dry cloth.
- Apply your skincare routine as usual. Do not forget your SPF if you’re going to be outside!
- Sexapeel is gentle enough to use on your face every other day, or as needed.
How to Exfoliate Your Body
Similar to the face exfoliation, Sexapeel can also be used as a body exfoliation on your entire body! (Just not the naughty bits!)
- Start with clean, dry skin. Many people like to use Sexapeel before getting in the shower.
- Give Sexapeel a good shake and spray directly onto the desired area. Once again, avoid the lips, eyes, and any other sensitive areas.
- Apply product and rub to begin to see the gommage effect. Work in a back and forth motion until you’ve applied the desired amount of product to the whole area.
- Rinse with water, a damp washcloth, or simply shower as you normally would and towel dry.
- Do not forget to moisturize the area you’ve just exfoliated to see the full effect of the product.
- Sexapeel can be used on the body daily, but please remember your SPF if you’re going to be outdoors!
Places we love to use Sexapeel
- Great for quick face exfoliation skin prep routine before makeup. You can find my full skin prep routine here.
- Spray Sexapeel exfoliator on your legs before you shave. You’ll be a smooth operator.
- Great for “on the fly exfoliation.” Spray your legs, rub and rinse off with water or washcloth, and put on moisturizer as you’re running out the door.
- Spray on bald heads…you’ll be amazed at how smooth bald heads will look!
Great before spray tans. I love to use Sexapeel exfoliator before a spray tan because I can really get a nice, even application!
- Helps remove bad self tanning mistakes— Oops! Sexapeel exfoliator will help you buff out those self tanning mistakes. Also great for taking self tanner off your hands.
- This is a cult product with bodybuilders before spray tans.
- Remove hair color that likes to cling to the hair line, ears, side of your face, after a fresh hair coloring at the salon (or at home).
- Sexapeel exfoliator is great for the bikini area to help prevent ingrown hairs (just watch that you don’t spray onto the naughty bits).
- Great for keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) to help remove/soften the appearance of bumps on the back of the arms and on legs.
- Sexapeel exfoliator helps your moisturizer and other products work better and more effectively because you’ve removed the top layer of dead skin.
Sexapeel exfoliator is great on the bottom of your feet for a spa at home pedicure, or when we eventually come out of quarantine, use Sexapeel after you get a pedicure for even smoother feet! (Our diabetic clients love this trick.) Summer sandals season— no more falcon feet from a year in quarantine!
- Itchy, scratchy back? Have your partner use Sexapeel exfoliator your back then moisturize. Oh, baby. (I will not be responsible for what comes next).
- Sexapeel exfoliator on your backside makes your butt nice and soft and smooth. (No, I will not be doing a tutorial on this.)
- Use Sexapeel before using body oil. Life Changing.
There are so many uses for Sexpeel Instant Exfoliation Spray, you may even have thought of a few that we’ve missed! Leave a comment and let me know how you like to use Sexapeel.
Test in a small area for sensitive skin. Discontinue use if your skin lights up like a Christmas tree.
Do not use Sexapeel Instant Exfoliation Spray if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Full list can be found here.
Sexapeel Instant Exfoliation Spray is recommended for use on adults. Please keep away from children.
Do not exfoliate your eyes and lips. It’s not designed for those areas.
This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
Leave a comment