One of the biggest pushbacks we get about Sexapeel from skeptical clients is "This isn't dead skin, this is just product rolling off the skin!"
Today, I teach you about Sexapeel and the magic behind the "witchcraft" and why it's a gentle, effective exfoliator for delicate skin!
Let's go behind the scenes!
So, what's the secret?
Sexapeel is a spray-on gommage exfoliator.
But Sonia, what is gommage?
Gommage is a type of gentle surface exfoliation. Its job is to take off surface dead skin and not go too deep, where irritation can occur.
There are 2 types of exfoliation processes we can use to remove dead skin. One is chemical and the other is mechanical/physical.
Chemical exfoliators are using things like AHA's to remove dead skin that works over time.
Physical exfoliation are things like a loofah brush or washcloth to remove dead skin. When it comes to gommage exfoliation, we use a combination of both to gently remove your dead skin, without irritation!
The magic of Sexapeel is it uses enzymes (chemicals) that are activated through the beading of the product combined with a gentle massage (mechanical/physical) of the skin, to leave you with soft, smooth, silky skin!
This is why Sexapeel is a gentler alternative to harsh chemicals or irritating scrubbing. So in essence yes, there is product beading up on the skin, but those beads are also taking dead skin off with it. It's a win-win!
What's in it for me?
- Removing dead skin erases dullness leaving you with healthy, glowing skin
- Improves the performance of your skincare products, helping them to better penetrate
- Sexapeel helps to smooth your skin and improves skin texture, for a more youthful appearance and an easier makeup application
- Reduces clogged pores and acne-causing bacteria build-up
- Helps remove sunless tanners
- Can be used in place of harsh scrubs during a pedicure
- Use before shaving for a closer shave and fewer ingrown hairs
How do you use Sexapeel?
How has Sexapeel helped you and your skin? Leave a comment or send us an email email@example.com. I might just feature you on our blog and social media!